The cordless phenomenon is taking the barber industry by storm thanks to great products such as the Cordless Magic Clip, Sterling Mag, and Finale Shaver. Below are 8 guidelines to help prolong the battery life in your lithium-ion products.
- Only charge the device when charging is required. A charge is required when the product begins to slow down or has trouble maintaining speed while performing its intended function. (Note: If the product is cord/cordless, and you should run out of charge, you may continue running the device corded to complete your task.)
- If the device is fully discharged, apply a charge right away to prevent damage or inability to recharge.
- A partial charge is fine; Li-Ion does not require a full charge.
- Charge the device at moderate temperatures. Do not charge below freezing.
- If a charging stand is included, limit the time the product remains at full charge in the stand, especially if warm.
- Do not leave the device connected to the charger, or sitting in the charge stand, when the charger is not plugged into an outlet for charging. (Note: It’s okay to leave the device in its stand for storage if the stand allows for the charger to be disconnected from the stand or product)
- Perform regular maintenance on the device including keeping the blades oiled, clean, and free of debris to prevent taxing the battery.
- When not in use, store the partially charged device in a cool and dry place away from heat sources and direct sunlight ( 25°C Ambient or less recommended)
For more information on batteries, visit here!